Sunday, November 20, 2011

Catching up

It has been a pretty great week so far.   Busy but interesting and fun as well.

So, I went to another play at the FGCU theater lab on Friday and I have to say that after the five plays I have seen throughout my years here, it was the best one!!  The theater lab is very small and so there weren't many seats for the audience (I would say no more than 35-40 people were in the audience), but in this case it was nice and it allowed the theater to put on a play that was more intimate.  The scenery was really nice, it was as if we were outside in a snowy forest of birch trees in Siberia where the play was taking place.  The play was actually a rendition of the famous Chekhov play called 'Three Sisters'.  The actors were absolutely fantastic.  I think the biggest disappointment is that such a small percentage of the student population attends these plays and for a larger university, you would think that more funds would be allocated to building up this department.  I hope that it gets more publicity and a bigger following and venue in years to come.

Then on Saturday I went and saw the fourth twilight movie.  I usually wait until a movie has been out for awhile to go, and I wasn't really excited to see this one.  I knew I would go see it eventually, but I hadn't been waiting for it to come out like I had for some of the ones in the past.  But I didn't really have much going on that night and I thought that I might as well go and see it.  I couldn't believe how good it was.  They did a wonderful job of staying true to what happened in the book, but threw in a lot of laughs.  I loved the way they ended it.  Since they divided the fourth book, Breaking Dawn, into two movie installments, I had been curious to where they would stop.  But I think they did it perfectly and there were quite a few gasps in the audience as they showed the very last moment of this first movie.  I won't give anything away, but I would actually consider seeing this one in theaters again.  It was that good.

They showed a few previews for upcoming movies before they showed the Twilight movie.  One of them was for the Hunger Games, which is a widely popular book series which I have yet to read.  But I think I am going to try to read it before the movie comes out since we have quite a while until then.  There are a few other movies coming out that I am excited to go see, and one of them is 'One for the Money' based off of Janet Evanovich's book series.  I have read most of the series and the first five or six books were my absolute favorites.  The book is written so wonderfully that I would be reading it and laughing hysterically.  I don't think I have read another book series that was as funny as this one!

Well, I better get to finishing another senior seminar paper and studying for the analytical chem test.  The paper is another interesting one, a letter to my current self from my 25 years in the future self (kind of hard to write as I am having to try and think of what my future self would tell the current me what is important in life and what lessons I am learning now will I carry through my life.  Difficult, but interesting.  Unfortunately the analytical chemistry is just difficult and very uninteresting...but come Tuesday at 4:45, it is goodbye school, hello Thanksgiving break!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment