Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Where does the time go...

  I can't believe that it is already the middle of November and Thanksgiving is next week already.  The time really seems to just fly by.  But I do love this time of year (so many holidays, birthdays, etc. all at once!!!) so I am not complaining too much.

             Friday was fun as we went out to a restaurant called Ariani's. It is this really nice Italian restaurant and the food there is delicious.  I really liked the way they have the place decorated; it is very cozy feeling and they designed the restaurant in a way that since there are so many partitions, it doesn't seem crowded at all.  I ended up ordering the linguine with meatballs and had the Chocolate Suicide cake for desert.  I had a hard time choosing though, all of the options sounded really great, especially all of the desert choices.

             Then on Saturday, we went to the Coconut Festival.  It is held every year and the last time I had gone was maybe six or seven years ago during the first time it was held.  It was so different this year, I couldn't believe how much it had grown over the years.  They had a ton of carnival rides and games and they had a huge stage with some really great bands playing.  There was this one band called Draw the Line.  They were an Aerosmith tribute band and the lead singer even looked a lot like and acted exactly like Steven Tyler. They were really great and we had a wonderful time.  They had fireworks afterwards, and honestly, these were some of the best fireworks I have seen in a long time, even better than the 4th of July.  I am still astonished how many people were there and how big the festival had gotten.  Of course, it seems like the coconut is no longer the central focus and the only time I ever saw anything having to do with coconuts was on some signs advertising for the event as well as some coconut shaped containers that people had their drinks served in. 

            We even spent a couple of bucks to try that game where you toss rings and try to get one to land on the top of a beer bottle.  Even though it is so unlikely we would have won (and by the way, we didn't) it was still fun to just try it.  Afterwards, however, I realized that it is pretty much impossible to win because the lady working the tent showed some people who just walked up how the ring has to land onto the beer bottle.  Since the diameter oof the inner circle of the ring is only a little bit bigger that the beer bottle, there was absolutely no room for error and I think it is probably a one in a million chance of actually getting it on there.

          Now, as far as academics, I presented my power point project in Science in the Movies class today about The Day after Tomorrow.  I think it went fairly well, now I can just sit back next week and watch the rest of the people in the class who haven't presented take their turn.  It is quite a relief that it is over. I am glad I went and now it is done with and now I don't have to think about it anymore.  I have a Virology epidemiology assignment due on Monday and my third Analytical Chemistry test due on Tuesday, so along with the regular work there is a lot coming up, but at least it will all be over by the time Thanksgiving comes around!

No comments:

Post a Comment